The Ultimate Guide on Water Coolers South Africa
Water coolers and dispensers are more frequently found in canteens, conference rooms, corridors and private offices of companies of all sizes – for good reason. The benefits to drinking the right amount of water per day is endless, and there are even some smart life hacks to trick your body into drinking more water per day. Yep, you can read about that here.
There are a few types of dispensers to choose from to give your employees and family at home a source of reliable and healthy refreshment. If choosing between a table top or free-standing cooler seems pretty straightforward to you, you might be scratching your head about the all-important choice between a bottled cooler and a plumbed – in cooler – especially since there are economic arguments in that debate. After you have decided on the machine, you’ll be ready to choose between buying the cooler, or renting it.
Types of Water Coolers
Bottled coolers VS plumbed-in coolers: Choosing between a bottled cooler and a plumbed-in cooler is the biggest question as far as these devices are concerned. Both types have their advantages and disadvantages, which you can read more about in our blog on Bottled vs Plumbed-In Wtaer Coolers.
– Hot and cold dispensers: Do you want the dispenser to release cold water, hot water, boiling water or all of them? Read more about the various types of water coolers here.
– Freestanding or table top coolers: Here, the question is more about volume: do you need to provide large quantities of water, or just a little? This is the main, but not the only question which governs the choice between freestanding and table top coolers.
Choosing the Right Water Cooler
A water cooler may simply not the kind of device you just buy, install and leave; you don’t necessarily need to buy it at all – you can also rent it or leave it – all solutions have their advantages.
You’ll also need know if you will have to maintain it regularly, how to maintain it and how much that maintenance may cost. Remember that Aquazania Bottled Water Coolers do not require any maintenance J . With this in mind, and after deciding on the economical merits of bottled coolers VS plumbed-in coolers, you can safely select the model and manufacturer that’s right for your needs.
– Bottled water cooler VS plumbed-in water cooler, the economical battle: Many technical differences result in very different requirements and different cost factors for bottled coolers and plumbed-in coolers, that make the overall bill quite different between the two solutions.
1) Bottled Water Cooler Solutions a great option to consider in the following circumstances:
– The volume of water you need daily makes financial and time-management sense. Bear in mind that the cost per bottle of water can become an uncontrolled expense if you are placing it in an open area, visited by hundreds or thousands of people. The water cooler also has a set amount of water it can chill / heat per hour – so if you have a constant stream of people in and out of the area in which your cooler is places, not everyone may be able to have piping hot or ice cold water when it’s their turn in line.
– You will not settle for anything less than premium, purified and exceptional-tasting water. If you are happy to guzzle tap water, then this is just going to be an unnecessary expense for you.
– Placement of the cooler should be in a clean and safe area, where no dust or dirt from surrounds is able to possibly settle on the machine or the bottled water.
– Understanding maintenance instructions: Maintenance is a key area of differences between various models, but users need to know that there will always be the need for some regular maintenance, and should be prepared for the related costs.
– Buying, leasing or renting a water cooler: Knowing that there’s more to water cooling than the cooler itself, prospective users get a better idea of the pros and cons of buying, leasing and renting their machines.
– Main suppliers: More than a dozen suppliers compete on the water cooler business – some provide everything from machine to water and service, some are known for the original options they offer.
2) Bottleless Water Solutions are best suited in circumstances where:
– You are opting for quantity over quality. While each plumbed-in unit does have superior quality water filters, nothing will measure up to the taste offered by Aquazania bottled water.
– You are looking to serve a multitude of people in close time spans to one another. The great thing about not having a limitation by bottle size is that you have access to chilled or heated water in a much larger capacity. For instance, a factory with 300 workers would find better use out of this than they would in having to wait for hot or cold water from a bottled water cooler.
– These machines offer one thing that bottled-water coolers do not; some of our plumbed-in units are capable of producing hot, cold and ambient temperature water – as well as carbonated water – something to consider if this is one of the things you want form your water cooler.
Either way, water solutions are becoming more of a necessity in our current water situation in South Africa. It boils down to a matter of taste, preference and what you want from your water solution.
Water Cooler Costs
When deciding between bottled water coolers or plumbed-in water coolers, cost is a factor to consider. A plumbed-in water cooler may cost a lot for the machine itself, and is an upfront payment or paid on monthly instalments in the case of renting, but the cost thereafter dramatically reduces. The only real costs to consider on a plumbed in water cooler are filter replacements (which may be more regular if your municipal supply water is of considerable low quality), as well as the electricity required to keep the machine running. The cost of municipal water to dispense is of minimal cost, but should also be considered, 0nad perhaps calculated per municipal area.
However, the water quality from a plumbed-in water cooler will never match the quality of a bottled water cooler. The price of a bottled water cooler could also be quite a large amount upfront, or payable in installments when renting. Some companies allow for refilling of the water bottles at home, which is then a very low cost for the end user; other companies supply bottled water which has undergone purification processes, and sell those bottles as an addition (or sometimes they form part of your rental agreement) for your water cooler dispenser.
Water Cooler Installation and Maintenance
Office water coolers and dispensers should always be unplugged before refilling or carrying out maintenance. Using harsh or abrasive cleaning products may damage your office water dispenser and taint the pure taste of bottled water if contaminated with harsh cleaning chemicals, so for daily spot cleaning wipe down with a clean cloth, hot water and a mild soap and rinse and flush thoroughly.
Bottled water coolers from Aquazania do not need sanitising. But why?
Firstly, our modern Aquacoolers are fitted with an internal air filtration system. This system prevents bacteria from entering your machine – negating the possibility of contaminated water, or the infiltration of unwanted contaminants into the machine itself. This system also allows for the preservation of our famous purified water – giving you the best possible taste without any unwanted odours either.
All our water bottles use a unique, single-use bottle cap; this means that from when your water comes off our production line, until it is inserted into your water cooler, there is no possibility of anything making its way into the bottle, or into the machine once the bottled is replaced.
The water reservoirs housed within the cooler – for both the hot and cold water – is made from food-grade stainless steel. This material is one of the most resistant to the growth of bacteria.
Lastly, the taps located at the front of your water cooler are nano-silver impregnated; nano-silver is gaining notoriety for preventing any type of microbial growth, and this technology is being employed in all types of household equipment – such as water coolers, refrigerators and even washing machines.
Combining all of these measures, your water cooler is not only pro-active in resisting bacterial growth, but also in preserving the taste and quality of your water.
When it comes to bottle-less water coolers, you will need to ensure the correct procedure is followed when replacing the water filter; ideally, the filter change should be carried out by a professional, so while they’re at it, they will typically give the machine a good check up to see if any routine maintenance is required. Other than that, the same rule of daily wiping down applies to all kinds of water coolers.
Water Cooler Suppliers South Africa
Walking down the km-spanning aisles at any wholesale store (or even the larger, family retail stores) exposes you to the options available for water coolers you can buy. We take the top 3 major suppliers and compare their pricing: something important to remember when you buy a water cooler from a retailer is the after-sales service.
Let’s be fully honest here – Makro, Game – whoever – focus their business intention on retail – not product support. If you encounter any machine-related problems, who will you be able to call to fix it? Or will you have to send it back to the store, wait for it to be evaluated, fixed or replaced and only then sent back to you. Consider this an investment piece and think of any problems you may encounter beforehand.