Is It Better to Drink Filtered Water or Bottled Water?
One of the factors that influence our health the most is the quantity and the quality of the water that we consume on a daily basis. Seeing how hydration is a key element to our survival, it’s important to be picky when it comes to the quality and purity of the water ingested. The fact that tap water is full of health-threatening contaminants is not a mystery anymore, so it’s clear that it can’t be consumed. There remain two types of water to hydrate with, more specifically – filtered and bottled water.
What is Filtered Water?
Filtered water makes reference to a plumbed-in, a static unit that purifies and chills your tap water from your main water system. When water flows through the filters – contaminants, foul tastes and smells are absorbed by carbon particles. Filtration units come in the form of a water cooler or an unobtrusive unit that mounts under your sink.
Benefits of Filtered Water
- No heavy lifting.
- No storage area needed for bottles.
- Never run out, a constant flow of water assuming there is no downtime or malfunction to the main water line.
- Cost effective for high consumption
- No bottle deposits to keep track of.
- Most sustainable option for purified drinking water.
What is Bottled Water?
Bottled water refers large plastic bottles filled with purified water that is dispensed through a water cooler. These bottles are delivered to you by a representative who maintains a consistent schedule of exchanging your empty bottles for fresh, full ones.
Benefits of Bottled Water
- No installation required. Just a simple plugin!
- The flexibility of location. It can be used anywhere that power is available and easily moved.
- Tap water quality is not a factor.
- Water is tested before, during and after the bottling process.
- Cost effective for low and moderate consumption
- No filters to replace.
- Great to have during emergencies or when water lines are unusable.
In Conclusion: Is It Better to Drink Filtered Water or Bottled Water?
Bottled water tends to be a preferred option for homes and small businesses as consumption is often in the low to moderate side, and where quality is preferred over quantity.
On the other hand, water filtration is a great choice for larger businesses with high consumption. The last thing you need as a business manager is to worry about rotating, storing and maintaining water bottles.
Whichever options you choose, we have a solution for you. Click here to get in touch with us today!